IC Pro uses the same verification database as SASSIE. If your
tax ID has been verified on SASSIE, there is a record confirming it
in the same database that IC Pro uses. If your tax ID is
verified in SASSIE but will not verify in IC Pro, there is a
discrepancy in how you have entered your tax ID information. Please
check for the following problems and make any corrections
- Missing required information in the W-9 section of the IC Pro page. Your tax ID cannot be verified unless all required information has been entered. PLEASE ENTER ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION AND CLICK SAVE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO VERIFY YOUR TAX ID.
- A typo in the Legal Name on the IC Pro
page. Please note that ANY typo, including extra spaces
between your first and last name, will cause the verification to
- A mismatch between the Legal Name on the IC Pro
page and on your SASSIE profile (for example, your Legal Name is
entered as "Robert Smith" on SASSIE and "Bob Smith" on IC Pro).
To correct this, change the Legal Name on IC Pro to
exactly match the Legal Name on SASSIE.
- A Business Name on the IC Pro page when your
tax ID is registered to you as an individual and not to a business.
If your tax ID is registered to a business, the Business Name
should be filled out with the exact business name that the
tax ID is registered to; otherwise, this field must be completely
blank (do not enter "N/A" or anything else).
- An incorrect tax ID number.